Lead developer with electronic trading software by day, passionate about opensource. Used to write a lot of code in my spare time. Now I am a dad and you know where most of my spare time goes to. But I keep trying!
I’ve done a lot of Android in my spare time. It was kind of a second job. I started when AsyncTasks where the way to interact with a background thread and Eclipse was the official IDE, up to when architectural patterns like MVP and MVVP took their way in the Apps, together with RxJava and Dagger (2). I Also wrote some Kotlin.
In the past year (2018) I stopped working on Android and I spent the (little) spare time I have learning Go and distributed systems stuff.
I’ve been contributing to Firefox for Android intensively (2013-2014). Since summer 2018 I am contributing to Athens, the proxy for Go dependencies.
- 2014: (O)Authenticated rest applications in Android - Droidcon Italy slides / video
- 2018: Go for C developers - Devfest Pisa slides
- 2018: How to train your Gophers - GDG Pisa Meetup slides
- 2018: Fast messaging with Nats and Go - Golab Florence slides / video
- 2019: Intro to code testing with Go - GDG Pisa Meetup slides